Galexia™ platform of hydroprocessing catalysts and services
The transformative Galexia platform of specialty hydroprocessing solutions from ExxonMobil and Albemarle combines state-of-the-art catalysts and unsurpassed service expertise to optimize your operation and identify high-value opportunities for step-out growth and profitability.
- Leverages companies’ extensive hydroprocessing knowledge to tap into full potential of high-performing Nebula®, Celestia™ and MIDW™ specialty catalysts
- Industry-leading activity enables new opportunities and operational flexibility.
- Delivers tailored, drop-in solutions for catalyst refills to help refiners optimize performance and efficiency
- Ensures customer demands are better addressed throughout the value chain
- Builds on long-term, expert relationship that led to the development and commercialization of several key industry catalysts used around the world
Delivering extraordinary results at ExxonMobil refineries around the world since 2015, Celestia bulk metal catalyst technology provides step-change benefits in hydrotreating activity and processing capability.
Generating exceptional customer loyalty, Nebula catalyst technology provides ultra-high hydrogenation power, increasing hydrodesulfurization (HDS), hydrodenitrogenation (HDN) and aromatic saturation activity.
Backed by forty years of ExxonMobil innovation in diesel dewaxing, MIDW catalyst technology provides high yields of low cloud point diesel, converting waxy paraffins to higher performance molecules.
Refinery optimizationGalexia goes beyond traditional product offerings to help refiners optimize performance/efficiency by analyzing plant operations and identifying value across the refinery. With Galexia, refiners will be able to:• Meet refinery targets by maximizing the value of state-of-the-art catalysts• Deliver superior performance in existing units by optimizing reactor configurations and catalyst loads derived from extensive experience in profitable refinery operations
Celestia catalyst was loaded into a high-pressure hydrocracker processing vacuum gasoil, light cycle oil and heavy coker gasoil.
- Increase cycle length to align turnarounds
- Increase HDC yields at equal cold-flow properties
- ~40% Celestia and Nebula in pretreat reactor with NiMo hydrotreating catalysts
- ~15% MIDW in the hydrocracking downstream reactor
ExxonMobil, Together with Albemarle, Creates The Galexia™ Platform, A Transformative Suite of Hydroprocessing Catalysts and Services
The platform enables an improved way of doing business, ensuring customer demands are better addressed at every stage throughout the value chain.
Specialty hydroprocessing Celestia™ catalyst
Learn how Celestia ultra-high activity, bulk metal hydroprocessing catalyst can help increase your operation’s performance and flexibility.
A Particle of Difference
How ExxonMobil Catalysts and Technology Licensing solves shared challenges through expertise, specialty catalysts, technology licensing and collaboration.
ExxonMobil Catalysts and Technology Licensing – summary of technologies offered
Learn about the cutting-edge, proprietary catalysts and advantaged process technologies that ExxonMobil provides for refining, gas and chemical needs.