Univolt™ transformer oils
Ready to experience a transformation? The next generation of Univolt transformer oils is formulated to improve performance and extend transformer life. Since ExxonMobil first developed a transformer oil in 1893, Univolt products have continued to redefine the industry standard.
Univolt oils surpasses traditional performance in many key areas, backed by more than 100 years of industry experience and supply reliability. Because the future begins with the current.
- Greater oxidation stability to minimize sludge formation in the transformer*
- Undetectable level of elemental sulfur to help extend transformer life
- Improved seal compatibility with less elastomer impact on PF100*
- Lower aromatic content while providing consistent gassing tendency*
- 5-10 % lower weight for cost effective transport
- Industry leading supply reliability and quality
Materials compatibility: Lessons learned from the transformer oils study
A study was conducted to assess the compatibility between each of four leading transformer oil products and each of eight common transformer component materials. This article describes the test methodology and discusses the study results that may be of interest to manufacturers and operators of transformers.