Branched higher olefins
Higher olefins are reactive intermediates used to manufacture products used in lube oil additives, surfactants, agricultural chemicals, coatings and corrosion inhibitors. ExxonMobil Product Solutions also uses them as feedstocks for alcohols, plasticizers and neodecanoic acids.
We market a range of higher olefins globally: e.g., nonene (C9) and propylene tetramer (dodecene) (C12).
Following are typical applications for these grades.
Alkylation reaction products
- Alkyl benzenes: surfactants and others
- Alkyl phenols: lube additives, emulsifiers and others
- Nonylated diphenylamine: Antioxidants, lube additives
- Dodecyl mercaptan: Polymerization chain regulators
- Versatile feedstock for a large number of applications
- Business continuity supported by high-quality consistency and global availability
Industries and applications
View highlighted news, events, technical papers and case studies below. To see our full collection of resources, browse our
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Check out Quick links to explore additional content.