Jayflex™ DINP plasticizer is the largest-volume general-purpose high-molecular-weight plasticizer for PVC , providing the opportunity for cost savings with a good balance of properties. As shown below, it is an excellent substitute for Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DOP) in most flexible PVC applications.
Jayflex DINP plasticizer is safe for use: It is not carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction category 1 or 2. It does not fulfill the criteria of a substance having endocrine-disrupting properties.
- Better resistance to aging, increasing product life
- Easier plastisol coating, spraying and dipping
- Higher permanency and improved resistance for cold outdoor conditions
- Compatibility with secondary plasticizers for further cost savings
- Low volatility for reduced process emissions and improved working conditions
- Lower density and lower energy consumption with higher extrusion outputs compared to DOP
- REACH readiness
Industries and applications
Jayflex™ plasticizers for advantaged performance
Jayflex™ DINP and DIDP are diesters with a chemical structure providing an optimum balance between polar and nonpolar groups. Key characteristics of the plasticizer are very slow diffusion and outstanding permanence derived from two high-molecular-weight branched alcohol chains.