Jayflex™ DIDP plasticizer is one of the largest-volume general-purpose high-molecular-weight plasticizers.
It is a plasticizer of choice for flexible PVC products that require resistance to degradation due to high temperatures (such as wire and cable) or call for low fogging (automotive interior trim). Flexible PVC products that demand high performance and good outdoor weathering (such as roofing membranes and tarpaulins) also benefit from its use.
DIDP is safe for use: It is not carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction category 1 or 2. It does not fulfill the criteria of a substance having endocrine-disrupting properties.
Jayflex™ DIDP plasticizer is an excellent substitute for Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DOP) in most flexible PVC applications.
Jayflex DIDP plasticizer can also be of benefit when used with other non-PVC polymers such as polyurethanes or polyacrylates used in coatings, sealants and mastic applications.
- Higher permanency for better resistance to aging, increasing product life compared to DOP
- Lower density and efficiency for volume advantages compared to DOP
- Low volatility for reduced process emissions and improved working conditions
- Increased PVC compound electrical resistivity for better insulation properties compared to DOP
- Low fogging for reduced car interior emissions
- Sustained flexibility in cold conditions
- Better lubrication than DOP for lower energy consumption with higher extrusion outputs
- REACH readiness
Industries and applications
Jayflex™ plasticizers for advantaged performance
Jayflex™ DINP and DIDP are diesters with a chemical structure providing an optimum balance between polar and nonpolar groups. Key characteristics of the plasticizer are very slow diffusion and outstanding permanence derived from two high-molecular-weight branched alcohol chains.