Toluene disproportionation (MTDP-3)
MTDP-3 is designed to process toluene and limited amounts of C9 aromatics and can allow for inexpensive debottlenecking of existing toluene disproportionation (TDP) facilities. The process is ideal for toluene upgrade to more valuable chemicals without investing in paraxylene separation facilities.
Based on a proprietary zeolite catalyst, MTDP-3 toluene-conversion technology allows for robust production of high-value mixed xylenes and high-purity benzene at minimal cost.
Highly selective and stable, MTDP-3 is a simple fixed-bed process with first cycle lengths typically exceeding seven years with stable product yields across the cycle.
- Very high toluene conversion per pass
- High benzene product and mixed xylenes product yields
- High weight hourly space velocity
- Superior xylenes/benzene ratio
- Benzene product with greater than 99.9% purity
- Very low H2 consumption
- Low catalyst cost
- Low operating cost
- Long catalyst cycles with stable product yields across the cycle
- Low costs and inexpensive debottlenecks
- Easy retrofits
View highlighted news, events, technical papers and case studies below. To see our full collection of resources, browse our Library.