You need Flash 8 or higher to properly view this page. Please download the latest version of the free Flash Player (new window).
Exxal alcohols are branched, primary alcohols that contain both even- and odd-numbered hydrocarbon chains, ranging from C8 to C13.
Our customers use Exxal alcohols to synthesize derivatives used in industrial applications:
- Surfactants: industrial applications, enhanced oil recovery, mining
- Polymer additives: stabilizers, antioxidants and flame retardants
- Adhesives: acrylates
- Lube and fuel additives
- Lubricant esters
They are also used as solvents or co-solvents for coatings, inks and for metal extraction in mining.
High-purity Exxal alcohols exhibit reactivity typical of higher primary alcohols. Thanks to their branched structure, Exxal alcohols offer many performance advantages:
- Low pour point: prohibits gel and wax formation, facilitates processing of alcohols and derivatives
- Superior wetting power of derived surfactants: excellent candidates for resource extraction and nonylphenol substitution
- Solvency: powerful co-solvents when used in coatings and inks, fully soluble in hydrocarbon fluids while enhancing their solvency power
- Viscosity: wide viscosity ranges in synlubes
Regional sales specifications
|North America*||South America**||Europe***(REACH registration numbers)||Asia Pacific|
* including Mexico and Canada, excluding South and Central America
** including Central America
*** includes Middle East and Africa